Monday, November 25, 2013

Transitions

Long time no post.  I'm going to try my best to get back into the swing of things since as a family we have decided to make some dietary changes.  We have fallen back into some very bad habits.  I could make a million excuses- busy schedule, hard times, laziness but ultimately they are just that excuses.  If I could come up with valid reason it might be a different story.
So on the verge of this Thanksgiving holiday, I will be thankful for another start at living the life that my family and I deserve.  A healthy start, concentrating on what we put in our bodies and what what we can do with that nourishment. 
My husband and I have discussed the Paleo diet.  For those not familiar, it is a diet of protein, fruits, vegetables, fat and very low on carbs.  Also, no processed, refined, sugar fueled foods.  If it can be hunt or gathered from nature it can be consumed.  Don't think I'm going all caveman or homesteader.  I live in the city with a small yard and a black thumb. 
We will not be going strictly Paleo, but a transition back to a natural, real food diet.

No comments: